Shambhala Chicago is made possible largely through the efforts of volunteers.
There are over 70 roles in our organization, so not only is leadership at the heart of Shambhala, but it is a path of practice.
The Shambhala center is in accordance with the wishes of the Sakyong led by an Executive Director who is to be supported by governing and executive councils.
The Governing and Executive Councils
The Shambhala Chicago Governing Council’s (GC) role is to hold the vision for Shambhala Chicago and ensure that what we do supports that vision. You can read more about this in the Shambhala Chicago Policy Governance Manual.
To find out about available seats and the process for becoming a council member please forward the information outlined below to Sarah Lambrecht at firstname.lastname@example.org
Name, Email, Phone,
- Please briefly describe your relationship with Shambhala and the Sakyong’s vision for Enlightened Society:
- Please share what most inspires you in wishing to participate in Council leadership:
- Please list previous governance and leadership experience either within or outside of Shambhala:
- Please describe your available time and energy to put towards a Council position
- Please share any questions or comments to you have about the Council: